Welcome to FindingFive! This guide is designed to make your experience of creating online studies and administering credits through FindingFive as smooth and efficient as possible. Let’s dive into the steps to get you started using the Course Manager.
Gather Course Information
First things first, let’s gather some key information from your faculty members to add a course accurately:
- Academic Department or Program Code
- Course Number
- Course Name and Description: A quick summary, including any research requirements and the needed credits or extra credit requirements.
- Instructor Name
- Number of Required Credits
Need help requesting this info? Our handy email template simplifies the process and gives you all the information you need!
Sign In To Your Account
Don’t have a FindingFive account yet? No worries! Create one using your administration email and sign in as a researcher (since we don’t have a separate admin sign-in option). Once you’re in, you’ll see a new ‘Managing Courses’ option in the menu at the top of your screen.
Navigating the Course Manager
Under ‘Manage Courses’, you can connect study credits to students and ensure they’re sent to the faculty at the semester’s end.
Add a Semester
- Log in and click on your name in the top right corner and select ‘Manage Courses’ from the drop-down list.
- Click ‘Add a Semester’
- Enter the semester details and click ‘Confirm’.
- Remember, a course must be added to a new semester for the semester to be saved in the system.
Add a Course
- Select the relevant semester from the dropdown.
- Click ‘Add Course’.
- Fill in the course details, then click the check mark to add, or the X to delete and start over.
Download Redemption Records
Downloading redemption records provides an easy way to access and review student participation throughout the semester. Log in, click on ‘Manage Courses’, select the correct semester, and then click ‘ Download redemption records for this semester’ to receive the .csv file for those courses.
Instructors can easily access updated participation records in scenarios like course audits or grade concerns. This assists in grading and keeps students well-informed about their progress.
And there you have it! Your step-by-step guide to managing courses and credits with ease in FindingFive. Happy administering!