Update June, 2018: (This position has been filled. Thank you.)
FindingFive is looking for a “Principal Data Engineer” (if you like fancy titles) to join our current team. The PDE will be responsible for
- An operational mission: Creating an administrative interface that allows the FindingFive Team to efficiently monitor and manage the operations of the FindingFive platform (for example, we would like to know at any moment the number of active studies that are being run on FindingFive, which labs are running them, and etc);
- A research mission: Designing and implementing a data pipeline for collecting and aggregating operational data of the FindingFive platform in a format that makes sense for post-hoc representational and predictive data analysis.
This is a great opportunity if you’d like to develop both front-end and back-end web development skills, and uniquely at FindingFive, the skills in data and research design.
The ideal volunteer should:
- Have a strong background in software engineering (web development preferred) and SQL/No SQL database systems
- Be excited about taking charge in the missions stated above
- Have a genuine interest in behavioral data – data collected from psychology, cognitive science, (psycho-)linguistics, behavioral economics experiments.
- Be able to dedicate about 5 hours per week to FindingFive.
Just to make it clear – since FindingFive is a purely community-supported project, this is a strictly volunteer position. This means that there is no contract, commitment, or financial compensation whatsoever on your or our part. In other words, you need to be driven by the passion of love for behavioral sciences and be motivated by the idea of being part of a great team. 😀
If you are interested, please send your resume/cv and a brief statement on why you are interested (no more than 100 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject that mentions “PDE”. We will then schedule a Skype meet-and-greet with you to find out if there’s a good fit! Questions are also welcome.
The FindingFive Team